Rose wine is having a moment. This light, refreshing wine is the perfect choice for sipping on a warm autumn day, and its pretty pink colour makes it Instagram-worthy, too. But what exactly is a rose wine? And how many calories are in a glass? Here’s everything you need to know about this trendy beverage before you buy your next rose wine online.
What Is Rose Wine?
Rose wine is made from red grapes that have been in contact with their skins for a brief period of time, typically just a few hours. This contact gives the wine its characteristic pink hue. The flavour of rose wine can vary depending on the type of grape used and the length of skin contact, but it is generally lighter and fruitier than red wine.
Is rose wine sweet or dry?
Rose wine can be either sweet or dry. Sweet rose wines, like Grenache or Zinfandel, are typically made with red grapes with high natural sugar content. Dry rose wines are made with red grapes that have lower sugar content, such as Pinot Noir or Sangiovese.
What is the difference between White, Red and Rose Wine?
The main difference between white, red and rose wines is the length of time that the grape skins are in contact with the juice during the winemaking process. For white wine, the grape skins are removed before fermentation. For red wine, the grape skins are left in contact with the juice throughout fermentation. And for rose wine, the grape skins are only in contact with the juice for a brief period of time before fermentation. This brief skin contact is what gives rose wine its characteristic pink hue.
How Many Calories Are in Rose Wine?
A standard bottle of rose wine contains around 750 calories, and glass typically has about 125 calories. That said, there are some lighter options available that clock in at under 100 calories per glass. If you’re watching your calorie intake, be sure to check the label before you pour yourself a glass
How Should I Drink Rose Wine?
Rose wine is best served chilled, so pop your bottle in the fridge for 30 minutes or so before you plan to drink it. When you’re ready to pour, fill your glass about one-third of the way full. Swirl the wine around a bit to release its aromas, then take a sip and enjoy!
How to Serve Rose Wine?
The ideal serving temperature for rose wine is between 7 and 13 degrees Celsius. When serving, fill your glasses about one-third of the way full. Swirl the wine around a bit to release its aromas, then take a sip and enjoy!
How to store Rose Wine?
Rose wine is best consumed within a year of purchase. Store your unopened bottles in a cool, dark place, such as a cellar or wine fridge. Once you open a bottle, you can keep it for up to five days if you store it properly. Be sure to recork the bottle and put it in the fridge after each pour to prevent the wine from oxidizing.
7 Benefits of drinking Rose Wine
There are numerous benefits of drinking Rose Wine, and here are our top 7:
- Rose wine is lower in calories than other types of wine.
- Rose wine is a good source of antioxidants.
- Rose wine can help improve heart health.
- Rose wine can help boost brain health.
- Rose wine can help reduce the risk of dementia.
- Rose wine can help improve joint health.
- Rose wine can help improve skin health.
What Meals Go Well With Rose Wine?
Rose wine pairs well with lighter fare such as salads, seafood, and grilled vegetables. If you’re looking for ideas for what to serve with your next bottle, try one of these combos:
- Spicy food – The sweetness of rose wine can help to offset the heat of spice, making it a perfect pairing for dishes with a bit of a kick.
- Sushi – The acidity in rose wine helps to cut through the richness of sushi, making for a refreshing and well-balanced meal.
- Grilled meats – The smoky flavour of grilled meats pairs nicely with the fruity notes of rose wine.
- Salad – The light body and acidity of rose wine make it a perfect partner for salads, especially those with vinaigrettes or citrusy dressings.
- Dessert – Rose wine can be a great way to finish off a meal, especially when paired with fruit-based desserts or even chocolate.
Where Can I Buy Rose Wine?
You can find rose wine at most liquor stores or buy wine online in most shops on the internet. Prices will vary depending on the brand and quality of the wine, but you can usually find a decent bottle for £15-£20.
How to distinguish good from bad Rose Wine
There are a few ways to tell if a bottle of rose wine is good quality or not. Firstly, check the label to see if it has a vintage year listed. Wines that are older tend to be better quality, as they’ve had time to develop complexity and character. Secondly, take a look at the price tag. Wines that are more expensive typically signify better quality, although there are always exceptions to this rule. Finally, give the wine a smell and taste before you decide to buy it. If it smells and tastes good to you, then it’s probably a good bottle!
What are some of the best Rose Wine brands?
There are many great rose wine brands out there, but some of our favourites include Miraval, Chateau d’Esclans, Whispering Angel and Tall Horse. These brands all make high-quality wines that are sure to please any rose lover
Rose wine is a refreshing and versatile type of wine that can be enjoyed in many different ways. If you’re looking to buy a bottle, be sure to check the label for vintage year and price. Serve rose wine chilled, about 7-13 degrees Celsius, and enjoy it with lighter fare such as salads, seafood, or grilled meats. Salud!
- What Is Black Sambuca: Everything You Need To Know
- What Does Sambuca Taste Like? All Flavours Of Sambuca Explained
- How Strong Is Sambuca? Units of Alcohol in Sambuca & ABV
- Sambuca Calories: Nutrition Information For Sambucas
- Your Ultimate Guide to Smirnoff Vodka
- What To Drink With Sambuca: What Mixes With Sambucas Well
- Where Is Sambuca From? Origin Of Sambucas
- Your Ultimate Guide to Captain Morgan Rums
- How To Drink Sambuca? Serving Sambucas Properly
- Your Ultimate Guide to Whitley Neill Gins