As the scorching heatwave continues to blanket the UK, what better way to savour the last days of summer than with five refreshing vodka cocktails designed to beat the heat?
We’ve curated a collection of delightful summer spirits that will elevate your summer gatherings and provide a refreshing respite from the sweltering temperatures.
From vibrant Jelly Baby Vodka to tropical Mango Monster Mash, these refreshing summer cocktail recipes are sure to impress your friends and family as we bid farewell to another memorable summer.
So grab your shaker, ice, and favorite spirits, and let’s cool down together with our revitalizing summer cocktails!
1. Jelly Baby Vodka Cocktail Recipe
This is a fun and colorful cocktail inspired by the beloved jelly candies. Perfect for parties and gatherings, it has a super sweet taste that can make candies redundant. It’s also very visually pleasing, so you’ll definitely impress your audience with this one.
- 45ml Grenadine
- 125ml Pineapple Juice
- 20ml Absolut Vanilia Vodka
- 20ml Peach Schnapps
- 20ml Malibu Coconut Rum
- 20ml Blue Curacao Syrup
How to make the Jelly Baby cocktail:
- Start by adding grenadine to your glass;
- Fill the glass with ice, packing it full;
- Slowly pour pineapple juice over the ice;
- In a shaker, combine vodka, peach schnapps, coconut rum, and blue curacao with ice. Shake well;
- Carefully pour the shaken mix over the pineapple juice — this will ensure that the colors stay separate.
Serving Suggestion: Add some colorful garnishes like gummy candies or cocktail umbrellas to create a fun and playful presentation. Always serve with a smile!
2. Mango Monster Mash Cocktail Recipe
If you’ve been to Wetherspoons, UK, you’ve probably tasted this tropical delight featuring the sweet flavours of mango, Smirnoff, and Malibu. This refreshing summer cocktail recipe is easy and delicious, and it can pick you up on those scorching hot days.
How to make the Mango Monster Mash:
- Fill a glass halfway with Mango Monster Energy Drink;
- Add one shot each of Smirnoff and Malibu to the glass;
- Top up the glass with lemonade.
Serving Suggestion: Serve it in a tropical-themed glass with a slice of fresh mango on the rim for an extra touch of summer.
3. Strawberry Summer Sling Cocktail Recipe
The Strawberry Sling is a simple refreshing summer cocktail featuring gin. elderflower, and mint. It’s one of the best Miller and Carter cocktails, a favourite of many here in the UK. This one is the perfect summer drink for those of you fans of a flavourful experience.
- 6-8 Clapped Mint Leaves
- Crushed Ice
- 25ml Elderflower Cordial
- 50ml Apple Juice
- 50ml Strawberry Puree
- 50ml Bombay Dry Gin
How to make the Strawberry Sling cocktail:
- In a balloon glass, add the clapped mint leaves and fill the glass with crushed ice;
- Add elderflower cordial, apple juice, strawberry puree, and Bombay Sapphire gin to the glass; Stir gently, pulling the mint leaves to the edge of the glass;
- Top up the glass with ice and lemonade;
Serving Suggestion: Garnish with a sprig of mint and two raspberries for a touch of elegance and the perfect refreshing summer cocktail.
4. Rum and Pep Summer Cocktail Recipe
A classic combination of Demerara Rum and Shweppes Peppermint Cordial, the Rum and Pep is a simple refreshing summer cocktail that can be made in less than five minutes.
If you’re a busy bee or just can’t be bothered in the heat — it doesn’t get easier than this summer drink recipe!
- 60ml Pusser’s Blue Label Rum
- 60ml Shweppes Peppermint Cordial
- Sprig of Mint (optional, for garnish)
How to make the Rum and Pep Summer Cocktail:
- Fill a glass with ice;
- Add the Demerara Rum and Shweppes Peppermint Cordial to the glass.
- Stir the cocktail for 20 seconds.
Serving Suggestion: For a touch of freshness, garnish with a sprig of mint.
You can find the best selection of rum to buy in our ever growing spirits shop.
5. Passion Sour Bomb Cocktail Recipe
A tangy and tropical cocktail featuring passionfruit rum and refreshing citrus syrup, the Passion Sour Bomb can be tasted at Las Iguanas or at home, by following our easy and refreshing summer cocktail recipe.
- 35ml Dead Mans Fingers Passionfruit Rum
- 25ml Funkin Citric Syrup
- 50ml Orange Juice (you can use Rubicon or fresh)
- Edible Flower (for garnish)
How to make the Passion Sour Bomb Cocktail:
- In a double rocks glass, combine passionfruit Malibu, Funkin Citric Syrup, and orange juice.
- Top up the glass with soda.
Serving Suggestion: Garnish with an edible flower for a stunning finishing touch.
Now that you have the best fun summer cocktails, you can take on the heatwave with no problem! The drinks will elevate your gatherings and simplify your evening.
Try these easy summer cocktail recipes along your cocktail liqueurs at home and impress your guests with your bartending skills.
Share this article with your friends and family, so they can also savour the taste of a perfect British summer with these refreshing vodka cocktails. Cheers to a season of vibrant flavours and sunny days!
- What Is Black Sambuca: Everything You Need To Know
- What Does Sambuca Taste Like? All Flavours Of Sambuca Explained
- How Strong Is Sambuca? Units of Alcohol in Sambuca & ABV
- Sambuca Calories: Nutrition Information For Sambucas
- Your Ultimate Guide to Smirnoff Vodka
- What To Drink With Sambuca: What Mixes With Sambucas Well
- Where Is Sambuca From? Origin Of Sambucas
- Your Ultimate Guide to Captain Morgan Rums
- How To Drink Sambuca? Serving Sambucas Properly
- Your Ultimate Guide to Whitley Neill Gins