Your Guide to Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum – a sensational blend of premium Caribbean rum and a secret selection of exotic spices. This meticulously crafted spiced rum offers a rich and unforgettable drinking experience, perfect for those looking to buy rum that is flavourfull and rich in nature. With a 35% ABV (Alcohol by Volume) and distinctive golden colour, Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum strikes a balance between the robustness of a traditional rum and the aromatic intensity of its carefully selected spices. This alcohol content allows the flavours and character of the rum to shine through, while still providing a smooth and enjoyable drinking experience.
For those interested to know about the history of Old J Spiced Rum… Well, its fascinating tale begins with the vision of a passionate rum enthusiast named Tom Hurst. Inspired by the legendary British naval officer Admiral Edward Vernon, known for his fondness of spiced rum, Hurst set out to create a spiced rum that would capture the essence of the Caribbean and pay homage to the rich maritime heritage of the region.
Old J Spiced Rum was first introduced to the world in 2009 in the United Kingdom. Tom Hurst meticulously crafted the recipe, combining the finest Caribbean rum with a unique blend of spices. The result was a smooth and flavorful spiced rum that quickly gained popularity among rum enthusiasts and cocktail connoisseurs alike.
How it’s made
Old J Rum is made from a blend of Caribbean rums that are aged in oak barrels for up to two years. The rum is then infused with a blend of spices, including vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg, as well as Persian lime and sugar, to create a sweet and aromatic flavour profile.
Each bottle captures the essence of this tropical paradise, delivering a taste that embodies the spirit of the Caribbean.
How to store.
How do we preserve the exquisite flavours and aromas of Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum? It is recommended to store the bottle in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. This ensures the rum maintains its flavours profile over time, allowing you to savour its full potential with every sip.
Admirals old J Spiced rum boasts a unique and captivating flavour profile. A symphony of tropical spices harmoniously blends with the smooth, aged rum, resulting in a delightful balance of sweetness and warmth. Notes of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and hints of citrus tantalise the palate, creating a rich and complex taste that lingers long after each sip. This is the perfect example of seasonal drinks, versatile enough for both the colder and warmer months of the year.
To truly appreciate the exquisite flavours of Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum, serve it over ice or enjoy it neat in a snifter glass. For a refreshing twist, you can mix it with cola or ginger beer to create a classic spiced rum cocktail. Experimentation is encouraged, as this versatile spirit can be the star ingredient in a variety of delightful concoctions.
It is commonly served with cola as a “rum and coke” or used in cocktails such as the Old J Rum Mojito or the Old J Rum Punch. But here’s a simple, yet exceptional cocktail recipe that showcases the unique flavours of Old J Spiced Rum – Spiced Sunset
- 2 oz Old J Spiced Rum
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Dash of grenadine
- Pineapple wedge and cherry, for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add Old J Spiced Rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, and simple syrup to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds to chill and mix the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a tall glass filled with fresh ice cubes.
- Gently pour a dash of grenadine into the glass, allowing it to sink to the bottom and create a layered effect.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a cherry.
- Give the cocktail a gentle stir before enjoying the blend of flavours.
- Sip and savour the Spiced Sunset cocktail, revelling in the tropical blend of Old J Spiced Rum and refreshing fruit juices.
Feel free to customise the sweetness of the cocktail by adjusting the amount of simple syrup to your preference. You can also get creative and add a splash of soda water for a bit of effervescence if desired.
Similar rums to Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum
Here are several rum bottles that look and taste similarly to Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum:
Número uno – Old J Rum has won several awards, including a Gold Medal at the International Spirits Challenge and the Spirits Business Rum Masters.
Número dos – The rum is named after Admiral Edward Vernon, who was nicknamed “Old Grog” for his habit of wearing a grogram cloak and was known for introducing the practice of adding water to rum to make it more palatable.
Your turn now – order online a bottle of Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum
Indulge in the captivating taste of this spicy rum and embark on a journey to the Caribbean with each sip. Experience the rich heritage and tradition of Caribbean rum-making, brought to life in this exceptional spiced rum. Whether sipped straight, on the rocks, or in a cocktail, Admiral’s Old J Spiced Rum is a great companion for those seeking a memorable drinking experience. Order a bottle now!
- What Is Black Sambuca: Everything You Need To Know
- What Does Sambuca Taste Like? All Flavours Of Sambuca Explained
- How Strong Is Sambuca? Units of Alcohol in Sambuca & ABV
- Sambuca Calories: Nutrition Information For Sambucas
- Your Ultimate Guide to Smirnoff Vodka
- What To Drink With Sambuca: What Mixes With Sambucas Well
- Where Is Sambuca From? Origin Of Sambucas
- Your Ultimate Guide to Captain Morgan Rums
- How To Drink Sambuca? Serving Sambucas Properly
- Your Ultimate Guide to Whitley Neill Gins